
I think my sadness is in control now enough to write about Keith leaving on his mission. Two weeks ago we had his farewell. He gave an awesome talk, he is such a great kid. We also had a really fun gathering at our house afterward. The food turned out pretty well even though I stressed out about not having enough. I had double what I needed. Maybe it wasn't all that good after all! I would call it a celestial weekend. It was so great to all be together. Tuesday when Keith left, was really an emotional day. It is such a sacrifice to send your son away. I fixated on sending my little boy(really not so little) to a foreign country where he would be lost and alone with no money and unable to communicate. Reality was, there were other missionaries on his plane to Texas and even more from Texas to Brazil. They DID not get forgotten at the airport ( Like in the Other Side of Heaven). I got an email from the MTC on Wednesday that he got there and that they had food and medical care and senior missionaries to love them. It's going to be fine. We have even received two letters and an email this week.
5 comments:
Yeah you updated your blog:) Keith is such a sweet boy!! And he really is going to do GREAT!!! You are such an amazing mom and I love how sweet you are!!! Thanks for letting me crash the family party:)
Keith is going to be a great missionary. I love the leftovers you gave us. We have really been enjoying them.
finally you need to update more! Its amazing how the week before he left he was driving us all crazy then the week after he leaves he is our hero. i am sure he is having a great time and he will be a great missionary
Just wanted to let you know that Travis misses Keith a ton too. For the first few days, he was not convinved Keith was gone because the Truck was still out front. He definitely is going through withdrawl!
I too was so impressed by Kieths talk!! It was great to have my boys see thier cousin set such a great example for them! Aunt Cheri
Post a Comment